This ebook is in PDF format a Digital Item, zipped for easy delivery. Instructions for downloading would be provided upon purchase.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
01. A Talk About The Materials Used
02. Some Uses For Cord And String
03. A Few Suggestions For Raffia
04. Coarse Sewing
05. Paper Cutting And Folding
06. Some Stories In Clay
09. How To Furnish A Doll's House
10. Simple Upholstery For Home Use
11. Crocheting And Knitting
12. Some Special Work For Boys
13. How To Use Nature's Materials
THE child is naturally a worker. He will destroy if he does not know how to make. Destruction interests him as much as construction. He likes to see "the wheels go around," and it matters little to him if the gratifying of his desires is advantageous or not to the article in hand.
Mothers, who were the earliest and should be the best teachers, long ago found that the happiest child was the busy one. They discovered also that to keep him at work he must be interested in the thing he is doing. To accomplish this they must provide that which he feels to be worth the effort. It must be something which he understands and which he can finish in a short time. A stupid, difficult "stint" such as poor Little Prudy had to finish daily is not calculated to increase a love for work. The wise and patient mother has it in her power to create an interest in the daily work of the household. Even such homely tasks as sweeping, dusting, and sewing may be taught to the children and prove pleasurable and profitable to them.
Handwork has its place in education as well as in the daily life. It should ever be a blessing, not a doom. It may give in both places rich returns, which should affect the child in the development of his thought, of his emotional life, and of his character. The results of the work are the child's, but the mother and the teacher must study how best to give the full joy of work to the children.
This book considers the needs of both the mother and the teacher. It has been written by two teachers who know and love children and who have practically worked out with them the things of which they write.
It tries to meet the child's constant cry, "What shall I do?" with a direct reply full of help and of interest.
Mere formal models are not mentioned, the book dealing with attractive and useful articles. It sets forth the best way of making such articles and it tells what they should cost. Simple crafts from many industrial fields are chosen in order that variety in work may increase the child's interest in the world about him. The teacher who has the handwork in the early grades finds here a series of valuable suggestions, while the mother is fortified with delightful occupations for rainy days. This little book should therefore increase the helpfulness and happiness of many little workers in the school, the settlement, and the home.
MARY SCHENCK WOOLMAN
Please note that I have master resale rights to this item and no copyright laws have been violated.
There haven't been any reviews for Activities For Little Fingers yet.
The Computer Guy TT Refund Policy
The Computer Guy Refund Policy
No refunds are offered for Digital Items, including e-books, mp3's, downloadable software or other digital media. All sales are final. These items cannot be physically returned, thus no refunds.
If there are any technical issues arising from attempting to use the product, for example to get pdf readers, etc. The Computer Guy would assist in resolving.
LOCALLY PURCHASED GOODS
- New Items purchased and delivered locally would have one (1) year warranties, unless otherwise advised.
- New Items returned within seven (7) days of purchase would be replaced if accompanied with the delivery note/invoice.
- Used Items are sold as is, with no warranties expressed nor implied.
- If during the warranty period a product fails, and the original product is no longer available, the Computer Guy would replace it with the nearest alternative, the customer bearing the difference in the cost from the original product, if any.
INTERNATIONALLY PURCHASED GOODS
Unless otherwise advised, there would no returns accepted on internationally purchased items.
The Computer Guy
Making Technology Work for You
78 VP (VersaPoints)
Commission Volume (CV): $1.04/$1.04 SO
Direct Commission (DC): $0.47/$0.47 SO
TC Executive Pool (EP): $0.42/$0.42 SO
Co-Sponsor Comm (CSC) $0.16/$0.16 SO
SO = If part of a Standing Order
• To promote this item, refer prospective customers to:
• To promote ALL of this ECA's listings, refer customers to:
• To promote ALL listings assigned to the Digital Downloads department, refer customers to:
You have 0 VersaPoints so far this month. Earn 78.00 more VP with a purchase of this product or with a sale to a personally referred TripleClicks member. A sale will also earn you a $0.47 Direct Commission.
• The more VP you earn each month, the higher your SFI commissions can go. See the Benefits Chart at the SFI Affiliate Center for complete details.
• Share information about this product via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, e-mail, and other social networking sites. Just click the "SHARE IT!" button above.
• For a personalized, print-ready QR Code Flyer for this product, click HERE.
• You can also include this product within a shared, saved search promotion link to share in e-mails, business blogs, and your personal and business Websites. Simply search for a group of products to promote, using any or all filters and sorts you want. Then click the "SHARE THESE RESULTS" button on the right side of the page above the filters to generate a unique, short (tcgo.info) URL. Use this URL to promote this group of products. NOTE: Embed a saved search within a QR Code flyer for more flexibility!
• For beginner, intermediate, and advanced methods, strategies, and aids designed to help you generate TripleClicks sales, click HERE.