The first personal computers were home-built by electronics hobbyists.
When Apple‚ IBM and others began selling ready-made systems to "normal" folk‚ most buyers never considered opening the case‚ even to look‚ much less make changes.
That was roughly 25 years ago - one human generation‚ but more than a dozen generations for computers.
By the second decade of the personal computer age‚ computer stores were selling hard drives‚ memory upgrades‚ sound and video cards and other components to an increasingly large segment of the home computer market who wanted to make their PC "more" than what the manufacturer sold them.
Today‚ such parts can be found in any office supply or general merchandise store - even some supermarkets and drug stores.
But even with this wide and easy availability‚ even with prices that continue to drop as capabilities continue to rise‚ many people are convinced you have to be an electronics wizard to open that case.
"Understanding PC Hardware" will help dispel that myth‚ explaining in simple language‚ just what each part is‚ what it does and how it can be replaced.
Here's a summary of everything you will learn in this easy to read information resource...
What's Inside Your Computer
What is a motherboard?
What is a CPU?
Floppy drives - do you really need one?
All those ports
Cables‚ cables and more cables
The Five Most Popular PC Upgrades
How to Select a Monitor
What questions to ask - and what the answers mean
Why LCD monitors are better than CRTs
How to Select a Hard Drive For Your PC
The different types of drives
What memory capacity means
How much memory you need for how you use your computer
How drive speed affects your use
External versus internal drives
Choosing a DVD-ROM Drive
Interface - there are at least half a dozen possibilities
Speed - how to decipher all those letters and numbers
Coding‚ decoding‚ compression
Combo drives with CD and DVD read/write capabilities
Where once there was no choice‚ today there are hundreds
Wired versus wireless
Color and design
Optical‚ ball and roller‚ laser
Selecting a Graphics Card
Do you really need more than your computer motherboard's built-in graphics capability?
Considering card memory‚ frame rate and speed
Why bigger is not always better
The three main things to look for in a graphics card
Selecting a Sound Card
What is bit rate and why it's important
Just as you would with a new receiver for your audio/video suite‚ look at the card's connectors
Consider compatibility with the software you use
Selecting a Printer
Maximum paper size and format
Selecting a Scanner
What is your need?
What is your budget?
Size of documents to be scanned
Requirements: This e-book is in the form of a .exe file and can only be read on PCs running Microsoft Windows. The e-book can be printed out from a Windows PC‚ if required.
100% of buyers would recommend this product to a friend
100% of buyers would buy this product again
0% of buyers experienced acceptable delivery time
100% of buyers said this product arrived in the described condition
MONNEMON JULES SIDOINE B.
Good product. I would recommend it to a friend.
Reviewed November 2, 2012
Magix Book Store Refund Policy
Magix Book Store GENERAL RETURN POLICY
1. CUSTOMER MAY RETURN THE PRODUCT WITHIN 7 DAYS OF RECEIVING IT. 2. THE PRODUCT HAS TO BE IN ITS ORIGINAL CONDITION(UNOPENED AND RESALABLE). 3. THE COMPLETE ADDRESS:LP#59 DERRICK ROAD, CHASE VILLAGE, CHAGUANAS, TRINIDAD. I do not offer refunds for e-books, e-courses, e-modules or any software that is downloadable. No. All sales are final. Since you cannot physically return an e-book, we do NOT give refunds. I will work with you to help resolve any technical difficulties you may experience regarding your e-book and software order.
CUSTOMERS MUST READ DETAILS CAREFULLY TO DETERMINE THEIR NEED TO ORDER AS e-books, e-courses, e-modules or any software that is downloadable CANNOT BE RETURNED.
171 VP (VersaPoints)
Commission Volume (CV): $2.28
Direct Commission (DC): $1.03
TC Executive Pool (EP): $0.91
Co-Sponsor Comm (CSC) $0.34
SO = If part of a Standing Order
• To promote this item, refer prospective customers to:
• To promote ALL of this ECA's listings, refer customers to:
• To promote ALL listings assigned to the Digital Downloads department, refer customers to:
You have 0 VersaPoints so far this month. Earn 171.00 more VP with a purchase of this product or with a sale to a personally referred TripleClicks member. A sale will also earn you a $1.03 Direct Commission.
• The more VP you earn each month, the higher your SFI commissions can go. See the Benefits Chart at the SFI Affiliate Center for complete details.
• Share information about this product via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, e-mail, and other social networking sites. Just click the "SHARE IT!" button above.
• For a personalized, print-ready QR Code Flyer for this product, click HERE.
• You can also include this product within a shared, saved search promotion link to share in e-mails, business blogs, and your personal and business Websites. Simply search for a group of products to promote, using any or all filters and sorts you want. Then click the "SHARE THESE RESULTS" button on the right side of the page above the filters to generate a unique, short (tcgo.info) URL. Use this URL to promote this group of products. NOTE: Embed a saved search within a QR Code flyer for more flexibility!
• For beginner, intermediate, and advanced methods, strategies, and aids designed to help you generate TripleClicks sales, click HERE.