Shanghai's tumultuous history has resulted in the progressive and stylish city of today. For more than a century and a half artists have been both documenting the city's changes and leading its way into the future.
Returns/Refund Policy for this product
Timed to coincide with the Shanghai World Expo in 2010 (and a city-wide Shanghai Celebration in San Francisco, its sister city), Shanghai catalogs the first exhibition to explore one of China's most cosmopolitan cities. A case study in cultural globalization, the book traces, through its art, factors behind the city's distinctive character.
Lavishly illustrated, this oversized book features 128 oil paintings, Shanghai deco furniture and rugs, revolutionary posters, works of fashion, movie clips and contemporary installations. These artworks, drawn mainly from the collections of the Shanghai Museum, the Shanghai Art Museum, the Shanghai City History Museum and the Lu Xun Memorial Hall, include the most significant visual documents of the city's rich and ever-changing culture.
Michael Knight, Senior Curator of Chinese Art and Deputy Director for Strategic Programs and Partnerships at the Asian Art Museum, is author or co-author of many books, including Power and Glory: Court Arts of China's Ming Dynasty, Later Chinese Jades: Ming
DynastyûEarly Twentieth Century, and The Monumental Landscapes of Li Huayi.
Dany Chan, Curatorial Assistant in Chinese Art at the Asian Art Museum, attended Brown University, where she received her masters in Chinese Art History. Her research interests include textiles, decorative arts and modern Chinese art.
Hardcover: 300 pages
Dimensions: 13.2 x 10.4 x 1.3 inches
Weight: 5.2 pounds
To United Kingdom: $0.00
Shipping not available to other countries. TIP: Use Advanced Search to locate products shippable to your country.
743 VP (VersaPoints)
Commission Volume (CV): $0.00
Direct Commission (DC): $0.00
TC Executive Pool (EP): $0.00
Co-Sponsor Comm (CSC) $0.00
SO = If part of a Standing Order
• To promote this item, refer prospective customers to:
• To promote ALL of this member's listings, refer customers to:
• To promote ALL listings assigned to the Books department, refer customers to:
You have 0 VersaPoints so far this month. Earn 742.50 more VP with a purchase of this product or with a sale to a personally referred TripleClicks member.
• The more VP you earn each month, the higher your SFI commissions can go. See the Benefits Chart at the SFI Affiliate Center for complete details.
• Share information about this product via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, e-mail, and other social networking sites. Just click the "SHARE IT!" button above.
• For a personalized, print-ready QR Code Flyer for this product, click HERE.
• You can also include this product within a shared, saved search promotion link to share in e-mails, business blogs, and your personal and business Websites. Simply search for a group of products to promote, using any or all filters and sorts you want. Then click the "SHARE THESE RESULTS" button on the right side of the page above the filters to generate a unique, short (tcgo.info) URL. Use this URL to promote this group of products. NOTE: Embed a saved search within a QR Code flyer for more flexibility!
• For beginner, intermediate, and advanced methods, strategies, and aids designed to help you generate TripleClicks sales, click HERE.