As recently as twenty years ago, the term Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder was virtually unheard of. It’s not that the malady wasn’t around; it’s just that the label hadn’t been coined back then.
In the 1980’s, ADHD kids were the problem ones in school. They couldn’t pay attention in class, they were constantly disorganized, and recess was a time of joy for them. They were always being yelled at and reprimanded and felt frustrated 95 percent of the time they spent at school.
This author was in grade school in the 1970’s. Having been diagnosed as a gifted child, school came easy to me. Unfortunately, so did boredom. That lack of activity manifested itself into a type of hyperactivity that these days would probably have been labeled as ADHD.
But in the past decade, the amount of ADHD diagnoses has skyrocketed. It seems like every single classroom has at least one child on medication for ADHD. Adults are even being diagnosed with Adult ADHD.
ADHD has gone from an obscure medical footnote to a household word in record time. Unfortunately, this disorder is largely misunderstood yet it is the most prevalent chronic health condition among school age children.
Many parents who have children diagnosed with ADHD feel like failures as parents. They perceive their children as being less than perfect which can cause amazingly strong feelings of helplessness and hopelessness. Misconceptions and preconceptions go along with this misinformation.
Even though the disorder is constantly in the forefront of health and educational issues, a true understanding of what ADHD is and how to treat it fails to sink in with the average person.
The causes of ADHD are not readily known and cannot be pigeonholed into a neat little container just as the behavior of an ADHD child cannot be labeled easily. All children are different – all children with ADHD are different. They react differently to situations, modifications, and medications.
The bottom line is that ADHD does exist and it can wreak havoc on families, parents, educators, and others when it is left untreated. ADHD is frustrating, stressful, and can make even the most stoic person flustered.
What are even scarier are the social implications that accompany a disorder like this. Consider the following:
• 21 percent of teens with ADHD skip school repeatedly.
• 35 percent eventually drop out of school.
• ADD/ADHD children are much more likely to experiment with drugs and alcohol.
• ADD/ADHD children are more likely to get into accidents.
• When ADD/ADHD kids don’t do well in school, their self-esteem drops and they are less likely to succeed as adults.
The good news is that there are many coping strategies out there to help you deal with an ADHD child. Medication
helps, but you must modify other things such as environment, schedule, and attitude in order to effectively deal with ADHD.
This book will examine more closely those coping strategies. We’ll give you advice on how to maintain peace in your family and suggestions you can make to allow your child to help themselves.
If you are an adult with ADHD, you’re in luck as well. We’ll examine this part of the disorder. We’ll identify certain behaviors that you can change and help you figure out ways to minimize this disorder in your life so you can live more normally than ever before!
ADHD is here and it’s here to stay. The diagnosis isn’t a horrifying nightmare. It’s a step towards a better life for you, your child, and everyone around you!
THIS IS A GROWING PROBLEM FOR EVERYONE - NOT SOMEONE'S CHILD, FRIEND, MOTHER, FATHER, COUSIN
ETC., ETC. BUT EVEN IF YOU DON'T KNOW SOMEONE WITH ADHD YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT.
LEARN FOR ONLY $29.95
There haven't been any reviews for HOW TO DEAL WITH ADHD yet.
VILLAGESHOPPER - DONALD J THORN Refund Policy
VILLAGE SHOPPER RETURN POLICY:
THE CUSTOMER HAS 30 DAYS FROM THE ORDER DATE TO RETURN THE PRODUCT
THE PRODUCT CANNOT BE DAMAGED IN ANY WAY AND IN RESALABLE CONDITION
IT MUST BE PROPERLY PACKAGED AND THE CUSTOMER MUST PAY RETURN POSTAGE
SEND RETURNS TO:
909 NORTH PEGGY DRIVE
ROBINSON, TX 76706
IF THE ITEM HAS BEEN OPENED BUT UNHARMED IN ANY WAY, PROPERLY PACKAGED AND
RETURNED IN RESALABLE CONDITION AND CUSTOMER PAYS RETURN POSTAGE, WHEN RECEIVED,
VILLAGESHOPPER WILL TELL TRIPLECLICKS TO REFUND SALE PRICE ONLY WITHOUT POSTAGE
IF THERE WAS A PURCHASE OF SOFTWARE - IT CAN ONLY BE RETURNED IF THE SOFTWARE IS
DEFECTIVE IN ANY WAY. A RETURN SOFTWARE PACKAGE WILL BE SENT AS REPLACEMENT.
WE WANT YOU TO BE 100% HAPPY WITH YOUR PURCHASE AND WILL GO OUT OF OUR WAY TO
SEE THAT THIS HAPPENS. WE WILL REPLACE DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE OR REFUND THE
ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE UPON RECEIPT OF SUCH ITEMS - REFUNDS COME FROM TRIPLECLICKS.
745 VP (VersaPoints)
Commission Volume (CV): $9.93
Direct Commission (DC): $4.47
TC Executive Pool (EP): $3.97
Co-Sponsor Comm (CSC) $1.49
SO = If part of a Standing Order
• To promote this item, refer prospective customers to:
• To promote ALL of this ECA's listings, refer customers to:
• To promote ALL listings assigned to the Digital Downloads department, refer customers to:
You have 0 VersaPoints so far this month. Earn 745.00 more VP with a purchase of this product or with a sale to a personally referred TripleClicks member. A sale will also earn you a $4.47 Direct Commission.
• The more VP you earn each month, the higher your SFI commissions can go. See the Benefits Chart at the SFI Affiliate Center for complete details.
• Share information about this product via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, e-mail, and other social networking sites. Just click the "SHARE IT!" button above.
• For a personalized, print-ready QR Code Flyer for this product, click HERE.
• You can also include this product within a shared, saved search promotion link to share in e-mails, business blogs, and your personal and business Websites. Simply search for a group of products to promote, using any or all filters and sorts you want. Then click the "SHARE THESE RESULTS" button on the right side of the page above the filters to generate a unique, short (tcgo.info) URL. Use this URL to promote this group of products. NOTE: Embed a saved search within a QR Code flyer for more flexibility!
• For beginner, intermediate, and advanced methods, strategies, and aids designed to help you generate TripleClicks sales, click HERE.