Originally Autographed 8x10 photo of NFL HOF Lineman, Rayfield Wright, with Certificate of Autheticity.
Returns/Refund Policy for this product
Rayfield Wright, the Dallas Cowboys seventh round draft pick in the 1967 draft, was given little chance of making the team's final roster. But the Fort Valley (GA) State All-America demonstrated enough determination and raw athleticism that the coaching staff knew they somehow needed to work him into the lineup.
During his first three seasons the 6-6, 255-pound Wright was used as a tight end, defensive end, and offensive tackle. In 1969 when right tackle Ralph Neely was injured, Coach Tom Landry decided to insert Wright into the lineup. His first opponent was future Hall of Fame defensive end Deacon Jones. "The Deacon is big and strong and mean," Wright was cautioned by his line coach. "Well," said the confident Wright, "so am I."
Wright's performance against Jones was good enough that before training camp opened in 1970, Landry announced that Wright would be his starting right tackle. One season later he was named All-NFL. Known as "Big Cat," Wright earned first- or second-team All-NFL honors six consecutive times (1971-1976). He was also selected to play in the Pro Bowl following each of those seasons.
Wright's performance during the 1975 season was particularly impressive. Coming off knee surgery, many questioned whether "Big Cat" would even play. Not only did he play, but he again notched All-NFL honors into his career belt. In postseason play he faced three legendary defensive ends - Hall of Famer Jack Youngblood, Pittsburgh Steelers L.C. Greenwood, and Minnesota Vikings Carl Eller - head on. Each time he rose to the occasion with exceptional play.
"He was truly outstanding," Youngblood summarized of Wright's play in the playoff game. As for his performance against Eller, longtime Cowboys offensive line coach Jim Myers proclaimed that Rayfield "played as well or even better in that game."
"An all-day fight with Rayfield Wright definitely is not my idea of a pleasant Sunday afternoon," Eller once offered. "I think he is pretty much of a composite of an all-pro tackle. He has size, strength, and quickness. The big thing in Rayfield's favor is that he has a lot of range. He moves faster than most tackles. He's just difficult to play against."
Myers summarized Wright's overall career this way. "We tried to make a tight end out of Rayfield. Then we tried him on the defensive line. And then he made a great coach out of me."
Shipping based on priority mail with delivery confirmation, plus fuel and packaging surcharges.
To Alaska: $13.00
To Hawaii: $13.00
To United States: $6.50
Shipping not available to other countries. TIP: Use Advanced Search to locate products shippable to your country.
263 VP (VersaPoints)
Commission Volume (CV): $0.00
Direct Commission (DC): $0.00
TC Executive Pool (EP): $0.00
Co-Sponsor Comm (CSC) $0.00
SO = If part of a Standing Order
• To promote this item, refer prospective customers to:
• To promote ALL of this member's listings, refer customers to:
• To promote ALL listings assigned to the Antiques & Collectibles department, refer customers to:
You have 0 VersaPoints so far this month. Earn 262.50 more VP with a purchase of this product or with a sale to a personally referred TripleClicks member.
• The more VP you earn each month, the higher your SFI commissions can go. See the Benefits Chart at the SFI Affiliate Center for complete details.
• Share information about this product via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, e-mail, and other social networking sites. Just click the "SHARE IT!" button above.
• For a personalized, print-ready QR Code Flyer for this product, click HERE.
• You can also include this product within a shared, saved search promotion link to share in e-mails, business blogs, and your personal and business Websites. Simply search for a group of products to promote, using any or all filters and sorts you want. Then click the "SHARE THESE RESULTS" button on the right side of the page above the filters to generate a unique, short (tcgo.info) URL. Use this URL to promote this group of products. NOTE: Embed a saved search within a QR Code flyer for more flexibility!
• For beginner, intermediate, and advanced methods, strategies, and aids designed to help you generate TripleClicks sales, click HERE.