Following Anne of Green Gables (1908), the book covers the second chapter in the life of Anne Shirley. This book follows Anne from the age of 16 to 18, during the two years that she teaches at Avonlea School. It includes many of the characters from Anne of Green Gables, as well as new ones like Mr. Harrison, Miss Lavendar Lewis, Paul Irving, and the twins Dora and Davy.
Explanation of the novel's title
The book's title is fitting, as Anne is no longer simply "of Green Gables" as she was in the previous book, but now takes her place among the "important" people (and the "grown up" people) of Avonlea society, as its only schoolteacher. She is also a founding member of the A.V.I.S. (the Avonlea Village Improvement Society), which tries to improve (with questionable results) the Avonlea landscape.
The book starts by revealing that Anne is to be the teacher of the Avonlea School, although she will still continue her studies at home with Gilbert, who is teaching at the nearby White Sands School. The book soon introduces Anne's new and problematic neighbor, Mr. Harrison and his foul-mouthed parrot, as well as the twins, Davy and Dora. They are the children of Marilla's third cousin and she adopts them when their mother dies. Dora is a nice, well-behaved girl, while Davy is much more of a handful and gets into many scrapes. Other characters introduced are some of Anne's new pupils, such as Paul Irving, an American boy living with his grandma in Avonlea. He delights Anne because of his imagination and childish ways, which are a lot like Anne's in her childhood. Later in the book, Anne and her friends meet Miss Lavender, a nice but lonely lady who had been engaged to Paul's father 25 years before.
Among other things, during this book, Anne discovers the delights and troubles of being a teacher, takes part in the raising of Davy and Dora, and organizes the A.V.I.S. (Avonlea Village Improvement Society), which tries to bring improvements to Avonlea, with questionable results at first.
At the end, Anne and Gilbert go off to college, while Miss Lavender marries her long time fiancÃ©, Mr. Irving.
This book sees Anne maturing slightly, even though she still cannot avoid getting into a number of her familiar scrapes, as only Anne canâ€”some of which include selling her neighbor's cow (having mistaken it for her own), or getting stuck in a broken duck house roof.
Lucy Maud Montgomery CBE (November 30, 1874 â€“ April 24, 1942), called "Maud" by family and friends and publicly known as L.M. Montgomery, was a Canadian author best known for a series of novels beginning with Anne of Green Gables, published in 1908. Anne of Green Gables was an immediate success. The central character, Anne, an orphaned girl, made Montgomery famous in her lifetime and gave her an international following. The first novel was followed by a series of sequels with Anne as the central character. Montgomery went on to publish 20 novels as well as 500 short stories and poems. Because many of the novels were set on Prince Edward Island, Canada and the Canadian province became literary landmarks.
Montgomery's work, diaries and letters have been read and studied by scholars and readers worldwide.
There haven't been any reviews for Anne of Avonlea by Lucy Maud Montgomery yet.
CFRASER'S EBOOKS Refund Policy
All sales are final. No refunds are available as all products are digital downloads.
If you have any problems with products, I will gladly resend product to ensure that you recieve great quality products. Please whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you recieve your book. All books are usually emailed within 48 hrs of recieving notice from Tripleclicks. Thank you for your purchase.
15 VP (VersaPoints)
Commission Volume (CV): $0.19/$0.19 SO
Direct Commission (DC): $0.09/$0.09 SO
TC Executive Pool (EP): $0.08/$0.08 SO
Co-Sponsor Comm (CSC) $0.03/$0.03 SO
SO = If part of a Standing Order
• To promote this item, refer prospective customers to:
• To promote ALL of this ECA's listings, refer customers to:
• To promote ALL listings assigned to the Digital Downloads department, refer customers to:
You have 0 VersaPoints so far this month. Earn 15.00 more VP with a purchase of this product or with a sale to a personally referred TripleClicks member. A sale will also earn you a $0.09 Direct Commission.
• The more VP you earn each month, the higher your SFI commissions can go. See the Benefits Chart at the SFI Affiliate Center for complete details.
• Share information about this product via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, e-mail, and other social networking sites. Just click the "SHARE IT!" button above.
• For a personalized, print-ready QR Code Flyer for this product, click HERE.
• You can also include this product within a shared, saved search promotion link to share in e-mails, business blogs, and your personal and business Websites. Simply search for a group of products to promote, using any or all filters and sorts you want. Then click the "SHARE THESE RESULTS" button on the right side of the page above the filters to generate a unique, short (tcgo.info) URL. Use this URL to promote this group of products. NOTE: Embed a saved search within a QR Code flyer for more flexibility!
• For beginner, intermediate, and advanced methods, strategies, and aids designed to help you generate TripleClicks sales, click HERE.