A Modern Cinderella (1913)
Amanda Minnie Douglas (1831-1916) was a prolific American writer. Born in New York City, she attended the City Institute there and after moving studied English and American literature with a private tutor. She later took up writing and sold several stories to periodicals, including the Saturday Evening Post, New York Ledger, and Lady's Friend. In 1866 her first book In Trust was published. Her other works include: Home Nook; or, The Crown of Duty (1874), There's No Place Like Home (1875), Hope Mills (1880), Floyd Grandon's Honor (1884), A Little Girl in Old Philadelphia (1890), A Little Girl in Old New York (1896), A Little Girl of Long Ago (1897), A Little Girl in Old Boston (1898), A Little Girl in Old Detroit (1902), A Little Girl in Old Quebec (1906), A Little Girl in Old Salem (1908) and The Girls at Mount Morris (1914).
Amanda Minnie Douglas (1831–1916)
A Modern Cinderella (1913)
A modern re-telling of the Cinderella story. Marilla is a careworn and harassed nursemaid (even though she is only a child herself). With her sweet nature and her helpful ways, she is unlikely to escape a life of servitude. But the unexpected happens…
Born and raised in New York City, where she attended the City Institute, Amanda Minnie Douglas had planned to study engraving and design at the Cooper Institute. When a family crisis intervened, she gave up that idea, turning her attention to writing. A prolific author whose short stories were printed in periodicals like the Saturday Evening Post, New York Ledger, and Lady's Friend, Douglas also published many novels, particularly for young readers.
Her "A Little Girl" series was one of the first examples of historical fiction for girls, while her Helen Grant books fall into the "college girl" genre that became so popular at the turn of the 19th/20th centuries. Her Kathie's Stories series - the first that she published - is a fairly typical example of 19th-century didactic moralism.
Douglas passed most of her adult life in Newark, New Jersey, where she was active in literary organization like the Ray Palmer Club and the New Jersey Women's Press Club.
This is a great ebook that comes in PDF or Plain Text format
There haven't been any reviews for A Modern Cinderella (1913) by Amanda Minnie Douglas yet.
CFRASER'S EBOOKS Refund Policy
All sales are final. No refunds are available as all products are digital downloads.
If you have any problems with products, I will gladly resend product to ensure that you recieve great quality products. Please whitelist email@example.com to ensure you recieve your book. All books are usually emailed within 48 hrs of recieving notice from Tripleclicks. Thank you for your purchase.
15 VP (VersaPoints)
Commission Volume (CV): $0.19
Direct Commission (DC): $0.09
TC Executive Pool (EP): $0.08
Co-Sponsor Comm (CSC) $0.03
SO = If part of a Standing Order
• To promote this item, refer prospective customers to:
• To promote ALL of this ECA's listings, refer customers to:
• To promote ALL listings assigned to the Digital Downloads department, refer customers to:
You have 0 VersaPoints so far this month. Earn 15.00 more VP with a purchase of this product or with a sale to a personally referred TripleClicks member. A sale will also earn you a $0.09 Direct Commission.
• The more VP you earn each month, the higher your SFI commissions can go. See the Benefits Chart at the SFI Affiliate Center for complete details.
• Share information about this product via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, e-mail, and other social networking sites. Just click the "SHARE IT!" button above.
• For a personalized, print-ready QR Code Flyer for this product, click HERE.
• You can also include this product within a shared, saved search promotion link to share in e-mails, business blogs, and your personal and business Websites. Simply search for a group of products to promote, using any or all filters and sorts you want. Then click the "SHARE THESE RESULTS" button on the right side of the page above the filters to generate a unique, short (tcgo.info) URL. Use this URL to promote this group of products. NOTE: Embed a saved search within a QR Code flyer for more flexibility!
• For beginner, intermediate, and advanced methods, strategies, and aids designed to help you generate TripleClicks sales, click HERE.