The second volume deals with such essentials of diet as the dairy products--milk, butter, and cheese--the protein food, eggs, and the energy-producing nutrients, vegetables.
In Milk, Butter, and Cheese, Parts 1 and 2, are explained the place that milk occupies in the diet, its composition, grades, and the dishes for which it is used; the purchase, care, and use of butter and butter substitutes; and the characteristics, care, and varieties of both domestic and imported cheeses, as well as a number of excellent recipes for cheese dishes.
A luncheon menu, in which a cheese dish is substituted for meat, is of interest in this connection, for it shows you, early in your studies, not only how to combine dishes to produce a balanced meal, but also how to make up a menu in which meat is not needed.
In Eggs we discussed the nutritive value of eggs, the ways in which to select, preserve, cook, and serve them, and how to utilize left-over eggs. So many uses have eggs in the diet and so nourishing is this food that too much attention cannot be paid to its preparation.
In this lesson, also, is given a breakfast menu to afford practice in preparing several simple dishes usually served in this meal. In Vegetables, Parts 1 and 2, every variety of vegetable is discussed as to food value, preparation, place in the meal, and proper methods of serving.
With such a fund of knowledge, you will be well equipped to give pleasing variety to your meals. In addition to the instruction in these matters, there are many recipes showing certain steps as well as the finished result.
With such detailed cook books, it is our desire that as many of the recipes as possible be tried, for it is only through constant practice that the rules and principles of cooking will become thoroughly instilled in the mind.
Nothing is of more value to the aspiring cook than such a knowledge of food and its preparation, for, as every one knows, proper diet is the chief requisite of good health.
MILK, BUTTER, AND CHEESE
Milk in the Diet
Composition of Milk
Products Obtained from Milk
Characteristics of Wholesome Milk
Grades of Clean Milk
Milk in the Home
Recipes for Milk Dishes and Sauces
Economical Use of Butter
Flavor and Composition of Butter
Purchase and Care of Butter
Cooking With Butter
Characteristics and Care of Cheese
Recipes for Cheese Dishes
Description of Eggs and Place in the Diet
Nutritive Value of Eggs
Selection of Eggs
Preservation of Eggs
Cooking of Eggs
Serving of Eggs
Use of Left-Over Eggs
Variety in Vegetables
Structure, Composition, and Food Value
Purchase and Care of Vegetables
Classification of Vegetables
Methods of Preparing and Cooking Vegetables
Sauces for Vegetables
Asparagus and Its Preparation
Beans and Their Preparation
Beets and Their Preparation
Brussels Sprouts and Their Preparation
Cabbage and Its Preparation
Carrots and Their Preparation
Cauliflower and Its Preparation
Celery and Its Preparation
Corn and Its Preparation
Cucumbers and Their Preparation
Eggplant and Its Preparation
French Artichokes and Their Preparation
Greens and Their Preparation
Jerusalem Artichokes and Their Preparation
Kohlrabi and Its Preparation
Lentils and Their Preparation
Mushrooms and Their Preparation
Okra and Its Preparation
Onions and Their Preparation
Parsnips and Their Preparation
Peas and Their Preparation
Peppers and Their Preparation
White Potatoes and Their Preparation
Sweet Potatoes and Their Preparation
Radishes and Their Preparation
Salsify and Its Preparation
Squash and Its Preparation
Tomatoes and Their Preparation
Turnips and Their Preparation
There haven't been any reviews for The Complete Library of Cooking Vol-2 yet.
RaajjeDigi (Maldives), Inc Refund Policy
Digital Products (eBooks) returns are not accepted. However we can resend the same if found any errors in downloading or file missing. Please whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you receive your book. All complaints and suggestions can be sending to email@example.com. The Digital Products will be mailed you within 24 hours (24/7) after the receipt of all successful orders. We Value your business.
239 VP (VersaPoints)
Commission Volume (CV): $3.19/$3.19 SO
Direct Commission (DC): $1.44/$1.44 SO
TC Executive Pool (EP): $1.28/$1.28 SO
Co-Sponsor Comm (CSC) $0.48/$0.48 SO
SO = If part of a Standing Order
• To promote this item, refer prospective customers to:
• To promote ALL of this ECA's listings, refer customers to:
• To promote ALL listings assigned to the Digital Downloads department, refer customers to:
You have 0 VersaPoints so far this month. Earn 239.00 more VP with a purchase of this product or with a sale to a personally referred TripleClicks member. A sale will also earn you a $1.44 Direct Commission.
• The more VP you earn each month, the higher your SFI commissions can go. See the Benefits Chart at the SFI Affiliate Center for complete details.
• Share information about this product via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, e-mail, and other social networking sites. Just click the "SHARE IT!" button above.
• For a personalized, print-ready QR Code Flyer for this product, click HERE.
• You can also include this product within a shared, saved search promotion link to share in e-mails, business blogs, and your personal and business Websites. Simply search for a group of products to promote, using any or all filters and sorts you want. Then click the "SHARE THESE RESULTS" button on the right side of the page above the filters to generate a unique, short (tcgo.info) URL. Use this URL to promote this group of products. NOTE: Embed a saved search within a QR Code flyer for more flexibility!
• For beginner, intermediate, and advanced methods, strategies, and aids designed to help you generate TripleClicks sales, click HERE.