This fourth volume, deals with salads, sandwiches, cold desserts, cakes, both large and small, puddings, pastry, and pies.
Such foods constitute some of the niceties of the diet, but skill in their preparation signifies at once a cooks mastery this science.
In Salads and Sandwiches we presented so simply the secrets of appetizing salads that they can be grasped by even a novice, and sandwiches of numerous varieties, from those appropriate for afternoon teas to those suitable for the main dish in the meal, are so treated that they appear to rise above the ordinary place usually accorded them.
You will never need to hesitate to prepare a menu for an afternoon or evening social affair or the salad course in a luncheon or dinner after a study of this part of the volume.
A glance through Cold and Frozen Desserts will convince you very quickly that a large number of the desserts that complete our meals are served cold.
The mere mention of custards, gelatine desserts, and such frozen mixtures as ice creams, ices, frappes, sherbets, mousses, parfaits, and biscuits, all of which are explained here, is sufficient to indicate that this is an extremely delightful part of the subject food preparation.
Entertaining takes on a new and simplified meaning when you know how to make and serve such dishes. To be able to make cakes and puddings well is one of the ambitions of the modern cook, and you have an opportunity to realize it in a study of Cakes, Cookies, and Puddings, Parts 1 and 2.
Sweet food in excess is undesirable, but in a moderate quantity it is required in each person's diet and may be obtained in this form without harm if it is properly prepared.
The two classes of cakes--butter and sponge--are treated in detail both as to the methods of making and the required ingredients, and numerous recipes are given which will enable you to provide both plain and fancy cakes for ordinary and special occasions.
Puddings that are prepared by boiling, steaming, and baking, and the sauces that make them appetizing, receive a goodly share of attention. Pastries and Pies completes this volume, rounding out, as it were, the cooks understanding of dessert making.
To many persons, pastry making is an intricate matter, but with the principles thoroughly explained and each step clearly illustrated, delicious pies of every variety, as well as puff-paste dainties, may be had with very little effort.
SALADS AND SANDWICHES
Salads in the Diet,
Composition of Salads,
Ingredients of Salads,
Relation of Salads to Meals,
Principles of Salad Making,
Salad Dressings and Their Preparation,
Combination Fruit-and-Vegetable Salads,
General Principles of Sandwich Making,
COLD AND FROZEN DESSERTS
The Dessert in the Meal,
Composition and Food Value of Desserts,
Principles of Dessert Making,
Sauces and Whipped Cream,
Principles of Custard Making,
Recipes for Custards and Related Desserts,
Principles of Gelatine Making,
Recipes for Gelatine Desserts,
Principles of Frozen-Dessert Making,
Procedure in Freezing Desserts,
Mousses, Parfaits, and Biscuits,
Molding Frozen Desserts,
Serving Frozen Desserts,
CAKES, COOKIES, AND PUDDINGS
Cake and Pudding Mixtures in the Diet,
Ingredients Used in Cakes,
General Classes of Cakes,
General Equipment for Cake Making,
Procedure in Cake Making,
Sponge Cakes and Their Preparation,
Recipes for Sponge Cake and Its Variations,
Butter Cakes and Their Preparation,
Recipes for Butter Cakes,
Cake Icings and Fillings,
Varieties of Small Cakes,
Cup and Drop Cakes,
Kisses and Macaroons,
Ladyfingers and Sponge Drops,
Cakes Made With Yeast,
Cream Puffs and Eclairs,
Doughnuts and Crullers,
Preparation of Puddings,
Recipes for Puddings,
PASTRIES AND PIES
Nature of Pastries and Pies,
Ingredients Used for Pastry,
Utensils for Pastry Making,
Methods of Mixing Pastry,
Making and Baking Pastry for Pies,
Utilizing Left-Over Pastry,
Recipes for Pastry,
There haven't been any reviews for The Complete Library of Cooking Vol-4 yet.
RaajjeDigi (Maldives), Inc Refund Policy
Digital Products (eBooks) returns are not accepted. However we can resend the same if found any errors in downloading or file missing. Please whitelist email@example.com to ensure you receive your book. All complaints and suggestions can be sending to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Digital Products will be mailed you within 24 hours (24/7) after the receipt of all successful orders. We Value your business.
239 VP (VersaPoints)
Commission Volume (CV): $3.19
Direct Commission (DC): $1.44
TC Executive Pool (EP): $1.28
Co-Sponsor Comm (CSC) $0.48
SO = If part of a Standing Order
• To promote this item, refer prospective customers to:
• To promote ALL of this ECA's listings, refer customers to:
• To promote ALL listings assigned to the Digital Downloads department, refer customers to:
You have 0 VersaPoints so far this month. Earn 239.00 more VP with a purchase of this product or with a sale to a personally referred TripleClicks member. A sale will also earn you a $1.44 Direct Commission.
• The more VP you earn each month, the higher your SFI commissions can go. See the Benefits Chart at the SFI Affiliate Center for complete details.
• Share information about this product via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, e-mail, and other social networking sites. Just click the "SHARE IT!" button above.
• For a personalized, print-ready QR Code Flyer for this product, click HERE.
• You can also include this product within a shared, saved search promotion link to share in e-mails, business blogs, and your personal and business Websites. Simply search for a group of products to promote, using any or all filters and sorts you want. Then click the "SHARE THESE RESULTS" button on the right side of the page above the filters to generate a unique, short (tcgo.info) URL. Use this URL to promote this group of products. NOTE: Embed a saved search within a QR Code flyer for more flexibility!
• For beginner, intermediate, and advanced methods, strategies, and aids designed to help you generate TripleClicks sales, click HERE.