How do I enter/win the contest?
1. Upload your best song before the end-of-the-month deadline (using the link located on your Artist TConnect Website). It can be any original song you've previously recorded or a new, original song written/recorded just for the contest.
2. Beginning on the first of each month, TripleClicks members will vote for their favorites songs in the contest. Voting also includes an instant download of the song for the voter to spread your music far and wide! The song with the most votes at the end of the month wins. The winning song will then be featured on TripleClicks.com's homepage for an entire month! All TripleClicks "WAVE3" members are also eligible to receive a free copy of the song.
3. Tell your friends and fans to come vote for your song too. Voting costs just one TCredit and includes a free download of your song. Friends and fans can get 5 free TCredits each month as a WAVE3 member or they can be purchased for as little as $.29 apiece).
4. Stop by the contest leaderboard regularly to see how your entry is doing.
5. Enter a new song each month and build an international TripleClicks member fan base!
Is there only ONE winner each month?
There is only one overall winner, but we also name a winner for each GENRE each month. In other words, there's a winner each month for Metal, Pop, Rock, Dance/Techno, etc.
How do I compete in the "best-of-genre" competition?
You'll be automatically entered for the genre that your song entry is in. Example: Let's say you entered a song that you've designated as "R&B/Soul." You might not win or even place in the overall competition, but if your song receives the most votes for all R&B/Soul songs entered in the contest, you'd be our winner in the R&B/Soul best-of-genre competition for the month. In other words, you always have a chance to win BOTH the general, overall competition AND the best-of-genre competition for each song you enter!
What are the song entry requirements?
1. It must be an original song YOU have recorded and that you have full distribution rights for.
2. No covers. You may not enter a song that is a cover of another artist's song.
3. It cannot be a song you've previously entered in a TripleClicks "Song-of-the-Month" contest. i.e. You can't enter the same song twice.
What format do my entries need to be in?
Song entries must be in stereo MP3 format, encoded between 128-256 kbps (we prefer 256 kbps!).
When are contest entries posted?
Assuming you successfully uploaded your entry prior to the end-of-the-month deadline, it will be live and available for reviews and voting on the first day of each month. Your entry will also automatically appear on your Artist TConnect Website at this time.
When is the TripleClicks Song-of-the-Month contest held?
There is a new contest each month, starting on the first day of the month and ending on the last day of the month.
When is the entry deadline?
The absolute deadline for entering a song into the contest is 11:59 PM CT on the last day of each month for the next month's contest. Example: The deadline for the February tournament would be January 31st at 11:59 PM CT. Note: Issues in uploading entries can occur (file corruption, dropped connections, etc.). Therefore, we strongly recommend that all entries be submitted 48 hours or more before the actual midnight deadline, so that if there are issues, they can be resolved before the deadline.
How can I know how my entry is doing during the month of the contest?
A real-time "leaderboard" of the top vote-getters (including by genre), is provided at the TripleClicks Music Center to keep you completely up to date.
Can I enter a song after a month has started?
Sorry, no, but you can submit it for the next month's contest.
Does entering a song in the TripleClicks contest mean I give up ownership of my song?
Absolutely not! The only obligation is that you will allow us to continue to offer your entries for downloading at TripleClicks. Other than that, your music is YOUR music. You can sell it or distribute it anywhere else you want, any way you want. Give it away if you want. Sign up with a record label and sell it through them. Whatever you want. It’s YOUR song.
When are the contest winners announced?
On the first day of each month for the prior month's contest. This is also when the winning song will be posted on the TripleClicks homepage.
Who can compete in the contest?
The TripleClicks "Song-of-the-Month" Contest is open to all musicians at this time. However, we will reject any songs submitted that do not comply with the contest rules, are poorly recorded, or promote violence or discrimination, etc. (see next question).
Are there any restrictions on the music, lyrics, etc.?
The following content is not acceptable at TripleClicks and will result in your song being removed:
• Songs with lyrics promoting hatred or containing personal attacks
• Songs containing sexually explicit lyrics
• Songs that promote violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical disability
• Songs that promote illegal activities
Can contest songs contain "swear words?"
If you must, but we'd like to keep the contest "PG-13", so don’t get carried away.
Can I vote for myself?
Yes, you can vote for yourself once if you wish to.
Can instrumentals be entered?
Can I enter more than one song in a contest?
No, one song entry per artist per contest is the maximum.
What if there is a tie?
In the case of a tie, the winner will be determined by the song's average rating (the higher rated song being named the winner). If there is a need for a second tiebreaker, the song that was submitted the earliest for the contest will be named the winner.