Review tickets you’ve submitted previously Help Index
How does the Pricebenders "Pick The Price" game work?
The basic objective of "Pick The Price" (PTP) is to predict the final price for an upcoming Pricebenders auction and achieving the highest point total for your prediction. However, to make play more fun and competitive for all, the game makes winning points scalable. So, the higher the winning price for the auction, the more points you’ll score on your price prediction—up to a maximum of 500 points.
For example, pick the exact winning price on an auction that ends at $2.00 or less and you’ll score 300 points. For each cent you’re off on your prediction (either over OR under), subtract 3 points (maximum 300). Here’s an example:
- Winning price is $2.00. You predicted $2.00. You score 300 points.
- Winning price is $2.00. You predicted $1.90. You score 270 points.
- Winning price is $2.00. You predicted $2.50. You score 150 points.
- Winning price is $2.00. You predicted $1.05. You score 15 points.
- Winning price is $2.00. You predicted $1.00. Zero points scored.
OR, here’s an example for an auction that ended at $8.00 (an auction with a winning price of more than $7.00 makes each cent worth the maximum of five points):
- Winning price is $8.00. You predicted $8.00. You score 500 points.
- Winning price is $8.00. You predicted $7.90. You score 450 points.
- Winning price is $8.00. You predicted $8.50. You score 250 points.
- Winning price is $8.00. You predicted $7.05. You score 25 points.
- Winning price is $8.00. You predicted $7.00. Zero points scored.
Boost your total score further by earning bonus points through Sidekicks. There are six different Sidekicks available, which not only earn you bonus points to help you win, but make playing PTP more challenging and more fun! Each activation of a Sidekick costs 1 TCredit.
To win a share of the weekly Zackpot (minimum 1500 TCredits), just post a top 200 score sometime during the week (Monday-Sunday). Of the top 200 scores posted for the week, the top 10 scorers will receive 5 shares of the pot. The next 40 top scorers will receive 3 shares of the pot. Each of the 150 other top scorers will receive 1 share. In the case of a tie, the entry with the earliest entry wins.
You can enter as many auctions as you wish (minimum 1 TCredit per entry/auction) with no limit on how many Zackpot shares you can win! Just click the PLAY PICK THE PRICE button in the right column of the in the Plus, each entry earns you 10 Rewardical Tokens! No purchase necessary to play or win.
For ways to attain TCredits for free game entries, click HERE.
- To help you with your prediction, you’re provided the average winning price AND the average auction length (time) for the last five times the item was auctioned.
- When you go to enter a game, you’re presented with a random auction starting soon. If you’re not interested in playing PTP for the auction selected at random for you, you can skip it and get a different auction (skip up to three auctions a day).
- A section of the PTP entry page includes a section to place pre-bids. You can use pre-bids to win upcoming auctions in which you can’t be present for. You can set up bids to be placed on your behalf whenever you want (activated when the current auction price hits the amounts you designate). For each of your pre-bids, you instantly receive 10 Rewardical Tokens as soon as the auction starts.
- Each PTP week runs Monday through Sunday. Since all PTP entries must, necessarily, be upcoming auctions, this means that entries on Sundays may cross over into the next week’s contest and Zackpot. For complete clarity and transparency on this, a link on the entry confirmation screen goes to a ledger of ALL your entries with a designation for which week’s contest each belongs to.