399 Pages, Paperback.
Learn the Basic Procedures that Enable Office Workers to Perform in Any Situation
Office workers perform different job functions from company to company. In most companies, however, there are common office tasks that require knowledge of basic office procedures.
The purpose of this book is to teach you the basic procedures that enable office workers to do a competent job in any situation. After completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Understand your role in the structure of business organizations
2. Use good human relations skills to develop effective working relationships and function as a member of the office team
3. Manage your work and time effectively
4. Understand the impact of integrated office technology on office procedures performed by office workers
5. Prepare written communications and distribute processed information
6. Set up and manage filing systems
7. Handle basic financial tasks
8. Schedule appointments and set up meetings
9. Make travel arrangements
10. Use the telephone effectively
How will this book prepare you for the business office? This book provides you with knowledge of office procedures and presents opportunities to apply what is learned by completing a variety of realistic activities and applications.
Throughout the text valuable step-by-step tips are given on how to handle procedures for specific office tasks. At the end of each chapter there are several categories of activities that allow you to review and apply what you have learned.
Key Terms check understanding of concepts and terminology.
For Your Discussion questions stimulate thinking and provide a review of key concepts.
Basic Skills Workshops provide a review of business math and language arts skills.
On-the-Job-Situations present opportunities for applying critical thinking skills to solve realistic problems.
Projects and Activities encourage research about the latest trends in office procedures and concepts.
Application Problems allow practice of procedures using forms and documents that are similar to those used in the office.
Multicultural Situations are mentioned throughout the text, to build problem solving skills needed in a culturally diverse work environment.
This third edition of Automated Office Procedures will prepare you to perform office functions in today's rapidly changing business environment, and help you take the necessary steps to plan your future career goals.