The MoneyBooks family of products is a suite of Windows applications designed for modular accounting information management. MoneyBooks incorporates the following general features among others.
SAP Sybase SQL/Adaptive Server Anywhere is the server RDBMS, with MoneyBooks communicating data requirement and modification instructions from workstations to and from the server.
A list of users is maintained. There are two levels of users, operators that can only carry out assigned functions in assigned modules, and supervisors that can in addition execute more sensitive functions. Furthermore, each user can have an ID, a personal password, and a list of permitted activities. Hence no unauthorized user would be able to use the system without the required ID and password. Any workstation that does not have MoneyBooks on it may not be able to access the database on the server.
Being a Windows application MoneyBooks uses Windows services such as for printing, and also conforms to the guidelines for the Windows user interface.
Entering data in MoneyBooks is through browse lists and data entry forms. Browse lists are used to manage records with few data fields, while forms are used for records with many fields. Browse lists are re-sizable grids, with movable and re-sizable columns.
Any client/server system worth its salt has to be table-based. MoneyBooks uses tables to record and process data. It uses parameter tables as well as look-up tables to hold data that control how it works. Users can maintain the look-up tables. As much as possible, embedding of data values in program code has been avoided.
* Payslip reports formatted for A5 stationery, with two persons per A4 sheet. Other reports include payroll spreadsheet, nominal roll, cash analysis, pay point analysis, etc.
* Rounded pay processing for cash-paid employees.
* Unlimited number of staff records. Each staff is assigned a flexible user-defined 10-character ID.
* Unlimited number of pay items--payments, deductions and loans, with automatic tracking of loan balances.
* Unlimited number of pay locations, departments and pay points.
* Interfacing to GL: During posting of payroll, a GL journal is automatically generated if the GL module is available.
* Automatic PAYE tax calculation, with an editable tax table.
* Optional support for graded payroll, where just the employee’s grade level and step is required for computing nominal pay.
* Security: Printing, data entry, processing and reporting can be restricted to respective users.