Hunglay curry paste (60 g) by Lobo
Small easy to use sachet.
Ingredients: Shallot 35.0%, Garlic 25.0%, Red Chilli 8.0%, Salt 6.0%, Shrimp paste 6.0%, Curry Powder 5.0% (with colours: E160c and E100), Lemongrass 5.0%, Tamarind 5.0%, Spices 5.0% (Turmeric Powder, Cumin Powder and Coriander Powder), Acidity Regulator: E330.
Contains shrimp. May contain fish derivatives in Shrimp Paste.
No added MSG, colouring or preservatives.
Cut 250 g each of pork loin and pork belly into 1 inch cubes. Soak with half tablespoon of black soya sauce.
Boil one and a half cups of water with contents of this packet.
Add pork, bring to the boil then reduce heat. Simmer until the pork is tender.
Add sliced ginger, pickled garlic and fish sauce to taste.
Manufacturer: Globo Foods Ltd.
Product of Thailand.
GAENG HANG LAY MOO CURRY (Pork)
Thai Recipe Ingredients
* 600-800 grams pork, cut into well pieces
* Hung-Lay curry paste (see below)
* 2-4 tablespooons tamarind concentrate
* 4-6 pieces, pickled garlic
* 3 tablespoons, thinly sliced ginger
* 3 tablespoons sugar
* 1 teaspoon black soy sauce
* 3 tablespoons pickled garlic water
* 5 cups water
Thai Food Preparations
1. Grind all Hung-Lay curry paste ingredients in a mortar and pound until mixed thoroughly (or using food processor).
2. Heat oil in a wok over medium heat and add the Hung-Lay curry paste (step 1), stir well until fragrant. Then add pork and stir until mixed thoroughly.
3. Add water, black soy sauce, pickled garlics, sliced gingers and stir until all mixed well. Pour the mixture into a pot, Bring to boil and simmer over low heat at least 60 minutes or until the pork is tender. Season with sugar, pickled garlic water and tamarind concentrate. Stir until all ingredients mixed well then remove from heat.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve immediately with hot steamed rice.